Tuesday, October 26, 2010

A quick craft project

The words "craft project" will make some people shudder in revulsion.  But I wanted to share this one since it was cheap, easy and made my boys very happy.  We move ALOT...  I don't think we've been in the same house for more then a few years.  So for my boys, learning to feel at home in a new house is a big deal.  One way that I've found to do this is to personalize their bedroom by hanging their names on the door.  I decided that painting the letters would look boring and flat so instead I covered them with scrapbook paper.  I chose a different color family for each boy, blue for Charlie, and red for Tommy, and decoupaged the papers to the wooden letters.  The letters I had were unfinished when i bought them so I had to sand them, and paint them white first, but you could buy them white.  I painted the glue on the letters then turned them onto the paper which i lay wrongside-up on the table.  Once the it was dry, I cut around it with an exacto blade and lightly sanded the edges.  Here's the results....
I know...  bad picture... If any one's interested, I can put up a close up picture of a letter.  Anyway, hope someone trys this project!  It's super easy and the results are terrific!

No comments:

Post a Comment