Monday, October 25, 2010

My Shoes

(or how I got started)

I never imagined that a discussion about my stinky shoes would lead to an invitation to teach a class at Stamp Your Art Out.  But, that's exactly what happened one afternoon when i wandered into the store in search of a white pen to tangle on my old, beat-up, blue sneakers.  When I mentioned to the ladies there what I wanted the pen for and they said they had never heard of Zentangling, I was shocked!  Zentangling was absolutly the coolest thing ever!!  and i was so sure they would love it, that i ran out to my car to grab my sketch book and show some examples. 

"Wow!  This is amazing!"  They said. 

"I know."  I replied.  "You should offer a class here on how to do it."

"Why don't you teach it."  They said

"Oh, no.  I can't teach it.  I'm not certified."  I said definitely.  They laughed at me.  I explained the process, gave them all the information to the Zentangle website and left.  Two months later, I was back with my shoes and despite everything, they still wanted me to teach the class.

One of these days... I'll get that certification...  i swear.

No comments:

Post a Comment