Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Conversations

One of the blogs I read on a fairly regular basis is the Zentangle blog. There is always something interesting and the art work is astounding. Yesterday, Rick and Maria posted a letter they received. You can read the post by clicking here.
http://zentangle.blogspot.com/2010/11/conversation.html
I think what amazes me most about the email that Rick and Maria received is that it was sent at all. And yes, I know, that's terribly naive but really, they receive them on a regular basis? What a waste of time and energy. What did the individual hope to accomplish by writing to them? Why not channel that energy into their own art or back into helping the community, (which is ALWAYS the best use of extra time and energy). Engaging in thoughtful debate is a necessary part of human civilization, we are all entitled to our opinions. But ignorance is not an opinion. To quote Martin Luther King Jr. “Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.”

I'm going to put these comments into their blog as well as here so you may see them twice. My apologies. I am just amazed as to the emotional response Zentangle attracts. I don't mind people who are passionate about things.... please just be respectfully passionate about them. LOL. Putting away my soapbox now.

No comments:

Post a Comment